Last week, I started a new series of articles related to the redesign of my company’s website. As a reminder, last Tuesday, I gave you an example of specifications to help you in this first (but decisive) stage of the expression of need.
Once the specifications are written, it is necessary to choose a web agency that will develop the website of your dreams, whether it is an online sales site or not. I propose to dwell on the different factors that are important in the choice of a digital agency for a site creation .
In this article, I will explain how to select the web agencies to which you will send your specifications. Then, I will give you several tips to get the best possible response rate to your tender. Finally, I will give you the methodology to choose a web agency among the candidates.
How to select web agencies to query?
The first step of an invitation to tender is to select the service providers to whom you will send your specifications. It is therefore these providers who, by their answers, will have the opportunity to seduce you to make you choose them.
As much to tell you that this first selection of agencies is a step as important as the specifications. Indeed, if you pre-select bad agencies, you will only have the wrong answers.
To pre-select web agencies , I suggest you follow the following three tips.
The balance sheet of the agency, a key piece of information
The first reaction we all have when looking for a web agency is to type this famous keyword in our favorite American search engine, Google. However, this approach has several disadvantages:
- You have the assurance that the agencies present in the first page are rather endowed with SEO. But is it enough to make YOUR web agency ?
- You can not be sure that the agency is financially strong. However, if you commit to significant sums to develop a site, you still have the ambition that this agency goes to the launch of it.
- You do not have the assurance that this agency will respond to your tender. Why ? Because the biggest agencies select their customers. Indeed, they are often overwhelmed by project applications but have structural costs that require them to select only large projects.
All that to say what? The first page of Google is not enough! Check out Societe.com , which will give you all the financial information of a company. No need to buy the complete balance sheet, the information available for free for each agency will allow you to make a real opinion on it.
What to check on the agency?
- Check that the web agency has existed for several years
- If she files her accounts, make sure her income statement is positive over several years.
- Likewise, go for a ride in the balance sheet of this one and make sure that the company has enough capital assets to keep several months / years.
- Check that the agency does not have too much debt, or that it can be covered by its availability and / or fixed assets.